North Palm Hotel And Garden, an eco-friendly hotel in Davao City opened last October 8, 2011.
This new hotel in Davao is managed by Ms. Nieva Jolampong and the hotel is dedicated to the owner’s parents – Mrs. Isabelita and Mr. Felix Domingo, who had a bowling alley as a family business before at the same place where North Palm is located now. It is accessible from the airport going through Angliongto Road (Mamay Road) in Lanang.
Here are some of the ways that North Palm Hotel does to pay their share in taking care of our environment:
- They are using solar heat to warm up your showers.
- They use rain water for cleaning the hotel rooms, bathrooms, the entire hotel and for watering the plants.
- They use waste management systems inside the room so you can properly segregate your waste.
- They keep the hallways open to let natural breeze flow through.
- They use only organic detergents and cleansers for all cleaning activities.
- Application of eco-friendly paint all over the hotel.
- Putting the No Smoking Ordinance under strict compliance which is of course being observed in Davao City.
We were able to view their suite room that is just how they put it – spacious and comfy. You could view a few more photos here of North Palm Hotel and Garden.
This could be your eco-friendly home away from home if you come to Davao City for a business trip or visit the city as a tourist.
North Palm Hotel & Garden
Andreliz Bldg., Km. 7 Lanang, Davao City
Telephone Number: (082) 234 0733
Fax Number: (082) 234 8153
(photo courtesy of DavaoLife.com)